Home » Skin Types
» Oily Skin Care
How to Care Your Oily Skin?
Are you trouble with how to care your oily skin? There are some tips for you to care it!
Oily Skin that looks oily, feels greasy to touch and is prone to blackheads and pimples is known as oily skin.It is imperative to keep oily skin clean and to control the excess secretion of oil.On the positive side, oily skin tends to age more gradually as compared to other skin types, as natural oil protects oily skin from fine lines and wrinkles.A simple but regular skin-care programme coupled with a well-balanced, healthy diet helps manage oily skin and minimises skin break-outs.
- It is essential to cleanse your face twice a day, once in the morning and once at bedtime.Always use a mild cleanser.They help prevent clogged pores and reduce pimples.
- Follow up the cleanser with an astringent as this will remove all excess oil.It is best to avoid an alcohol-based astringent. Instead, it is asvisable to use natural products.Alcohol-based products strip too much oil from the face.
- If your skin does break out, do not touch or squeeze the pimples.Pimples, if squeezed, may leave permanent scars.There are a number of effective pimple creams available in the market today.Consult a dermatologist to know which one is best suited for you.
- If possible, get your face professionally cleansed once a month.
- Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water each day.Water helps flush out toxins from the body.
- Avoid fried foods and chocolates.
- Make sure that you eat a well-balanced diet which includes fruits and green leafy vegetables daily.
Tips from Skincareinfo.com Users:
Submit your tip to share with other users, click here.