Home » Antiaging Skin Care
» Wrinkle Treatment
Tricks to minimize wrinkles.
- Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen. Most wrinkles are caused by sun damage. And while most sun damage is acquired by age 18, further color and texture changes and deepening of wrinkles can be avoided with religious use of an SPF 15 or higher.
- Don't rely on your makeup. While many foundations offer some sun protection (they may even boast an SPF on the bottle), you'd need to apply several teaspoons to get adequate coverage. Use a separate sunscreen instead.
- Invest in sunglasses. Squinting in bright sun can exacerbate wrinkles around the eyes. A basic pair of UV-blocking shades works wonders to stave off these wrinkles!
- Watch your expressions. Years of brow furrowing or resting your cheek on your hand can cause wrinkles to form. Take note of your repetitive facial gestures and put a stop to those that are affecting your skin.
- Investigate Botox. While dermatologists have been injecting this nerve-paralyzing substance into skin to smooth wrinkles for years, the FDA has now officially approved it for this use. See a dermatologist for specifics on the (sometimes pricey) treatment.
Tips from Skincareinfo.com Users:
Submit your tip to share with other users, click here.