Home » Natural Skin Care
Tips for Washing Your Skin
Cleaning is an essential step of your skin care. The key is to treat your skin gently.
- Avoid Hot Water And Long shower/bath. Hot water and long showers or baths take away oils from your skin. So, 15 minutes is maximizing for your shower or bath, and use warm water.
- Use Mild Soaps. Strong soaps which most capable of stripping oil from your skin can leave your skin dry. Instead, use mild soaps with oils and fats added to them.
- Avoid Irritating Additives. For sensitive skin, avoid products containing fragrances or artificial colors, which can irritate your skin and may trigger an allergic response.
- Carefully Remove Eye Makeup. When removing eye makeup, use a soft sponge, cotton cloth or cotton balls to avoid damaging the delicate tissue around your eyes. If you wear heavy, waterproof eye makeup, you may need to use an oil-based eye makeup remover such as petroleum jelly.
- Pat dry. After washing or bathing, gently pat or blot your skin dry with a towel so that some moisture remains on the skin. Immediately moisturize your skin with an oil or cream.
Tips from Skincareinfo.com Users:
Submit your tip to share with other users, click here.