Home » Sun Care
Sun Protection Tips
You probably have known how important sun protection is to prevent skin cancer. Enjoy your time outdoor if you follow our tips here:
- Donít be afraid of wasting sunscreen; apply it to allover your exposed skin.
- Choose a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15 and broad- spectrum. Reapply every two hours during daytime, even on cloudy days, and after swimming or perspiring.
- Better wear protective clothing e.g. a long-sleeved shirt, pants, a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses to cover as much skin as possible for those have a higher risk of developing skin cancer.
- Seek shade between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., cause the sunís rays are strongest during that period of the day.
- Use higher SPF protections when on activities on water, snow, and sand since these situations reflect the damaging rays of the sun to your skin.
- Applying sunscreen on children is particularly important.
- Instead of the sun, intake vitamin D safely from a healthy diet that includes vitamin supplements. Vitamin D is found in the following foods:
o Dairy products
o Fortified cereals
- Get tan by using a self-tanning product instead of tanning beds. UV light of tanning beds causes skin cancer and wrinkling as much as that from the sun. Donít forget using sunscreen everyday.
- Go to a dermatologist whenever there is situation on your skin. Skin cancer is very treatable when caught early.
Tips from Skincareinfo.com Users:
Submit your tip to share with other users, click here.