Home » Facial Skin Care
» Eye Treatment
How to Choose the Right Eye Cream?
An eye cream is normally quite safe for your eye area. Better choose a fragrance free eye cream, since they also tend to be more emollient than regular moisturizers.
Types of Eye Cream
There are 3 types of Eye Cream:
- Day Cream: Creams designed to enhance the appearance of your eyes during the day. They usually reduce the appearance of dark circles and puffiness.
- Night Cream: Creams designed to help repair and prevent further damage to your skin. They usually contain ingredients like Alpha hydroxy acid and retinol.
- Non-Specific Cream: Creams providing extra moisture.
Tips on Choosing a Right Eye Cream
Make sure of what exactly your eye problem is, look for darkness-inhibiting ingredients and consider the potency and type of the firming ingredient when selecting an eye cream for yourself.
Common firming ingredients are:
- Alcohol and Caffeine can temporarily dehydrate the skin, making it appearing more taut.
- Alpha-hydroxy acids, vitamin C, retinol and copper can work under the skin to stimulate collagen growth.
Common darkness-inhibiting ingredients are:
- Vitamin K: has been shown to inhibit bruising. Researchers believe vitamin k helps to counteract dark shadows caused by too much blood flow and minor bruising under eyes.
- Kojic acid and Hydroquinone. Kojic acid and hydroquinone are skin-lightening agents, often found in bleaching and age-spot creams.
- Reduces appearance of wrinkles.
- Reduces appearance of fine lines around the eyes.
- Reduces appearance of dark circles around the eyes.
Tips from Skincareinfo.com Users:
Submit your tip to share with other users, click here.